There is no question about it: CBD is absurdly popular at the moment. In the three years that the supplement has been legal, its popularity has absolutely skyrocketed, turning CBD into a health powerhouse. However, CBD’s popularity has occurred in such a short period of time that many people still have questions about just what it is and how they can get the most out of it.
What Is CBD oil?
CBD oil is a supplement that comes from the hemp plant. It contains a variety of compounds that have an impact on your body’s Endocannabinoid System. Everyone has an Endocannabinoid System, and this is a part of your body that works to keep a variety of physical and emotional sensations in a state of homeostasis. As such, some research has pointed to the possibility that CBD can help with numerous issues that you may face.
Benefits of CBD
Much research still ongoing about the benefits of CBD, and it is still not legal to say that CBD has any direct medical benefits, as such statements have not been authorized by the United States Food & Drug Administration. However, some studies have found that CBD can potentially have a positive impact on a variety of physical and emotional problems, including pain, inflammation, depression, sleep, and more. More research is needed before confirming these previous studies, and there is no question that the use of CBD should be done as a supplement, not as a replacement for any prescribed medication.
Seven tips for picking the right CBD product
Find a form that works for you. Thankfully, CBD is highly versatile and comes in many varieties, including CBD capsules, tinctures, creams, edibles, and more.
- Make sure to read the Certificate of Analysis that the CBD product should provide, thus confirming what is in the CBD product. If it doesn’t have such a Certificate, find a different product.
- Talk with your doctor before starting CBD, just like you would any other supplement. There are some concerns about CBD’s impact on your liver or kidneys, as well as other drug interactions.
- Do your homework. Different CBD consumption methods come with different pros and cons, particularly in terms of how fast the product works.
- Be prepared to deal with side effects, especially the first few times you use CBD. Taking topicals may lower the risk of experiencing any of these mild side effects.
- Understand the difference between full spectrum and broad spectrum products. Full spectrum products contain trace levels of THC, while broad spectrum products do not.
- Read all of the instructions before using the product, as it will contain valuable information on storage and use.
CBD may have the potential to be very helpful for you, but you still have to take its use seriously, just like you would any other product. Following these tips should help you use CBD safely and find the CBD product that best suits your needs.