If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep, you might be considering turning to CBD for help. CBD is a compound in cannabis that offers various health benefits. While more research is yet to come, some studies suggest that CBD could help improve sleep quality.
Still, even now, patients take the best Delta-8 for sleep. And practice shows that it does not hurt them. But can CBD help YOU with insomnia issues?
1. CBD Reduces Anxiety that Triggers Insomnia
Anxiety is one of the most widespread health disorders in the United States. It’s also one of the main causes of insomnia. CBD reduces anxiety in people with various conditions. For instance, those can be social anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
2. CBD Reduces Pain that Causes Insomnia
Even small treats mitigate pain better than some pills. In a study of people with arthritis, researchers found that those who took a CBD-based gel reduced their pain. That’s promising news if you’re dealing with conditions like fibromyalgia or endometriosis. Those can cause chronic pain and make it hard to sleep at night.
Moreover, CBD formats allow for mitigating localized or general pain. For instance, a sports person might hurt their leg during training. Their best choice is a CBD cream that they can apply to the hurt body part. But other people, like office workers, might have migraines due to extensive work. Their wiser pick is gummies that will annul pain complexly. So, you may choose any type depending on the pain that interrupts your sleep.
3. CBD Minimizes Nausea That Might Interrupt Your Sleep
Nausea is a common symptom of various conditions, such as chemotherapy sickness and migraine. It can make it hard to sleep or even keep food down. CBD is great in reducing nausea in people with cancer and other conditions.
4. CBD May Help Treat Sleep Apnea
That is when you stop breathing for short periods during sleep. It can cause snoring, gasping for air, and pauses in breathing. Some studies suggest that CBD might help treat sleep apnea by reducing the number of apneic events and improving quality of life.
5. CBD Improves Sleep Quality Overall
While more research is obligatory, some studies suggest that CBD could improve sleep quality. In a study of people with insomnia, researchers found that those who took a CBD-based medication slept quieter than those who took a placebo.
CBD is generally considered safe but can cause side effects like dry mouth, diarrhea, and reduced appetite. It can also interact with certain medications. Talk to your doctor first before taking that med for sleep.
6. CBD Gummies Can Help In Long-Term Perspective
CBD treats are convenient meds that patients take systematically. That allows for sustaining positive effects for months and even years. Besides, gummies are discrete and barely noticeable. So, you may take them in public without feeling anxious.
7. CBD Helps Relax Before Sleep
Some people have difficulty relaxing before sleep due to racing thoughts or anxiety. CBD can help by reducing anxiety and promoting relaxation. But it might be a great help after mere stress as well.
Can CBD Hinder Your Sleep?
As a rule, no. But CBD might make you drowsy when you need to focus on work, studying, and other matters. That is why it is wiser to take CBD when you are in 100% comfort. So, patients usually go for it after they come home. Many needers prefer taking CBD before watching movies, reading, etc.
But note that you must ensure that your CBD is for SLEEP, not energy boosts. The concentration of CBD and the presence of other elements like melatonin help in that.
Can There Be a Side Effect?
CBD is safe but can cause side effects like dry mouth, diarrhea, and reduced appetite. It can also interact with certain medications. Remember that your doctor knows better if you need CBD right now.
The worst possible side effects are:
- Diarrhea. One session in the toilet erases that issue. Sometimes it might take two sessions, but the diarrhea is never severe.
- Dry mouth. Drink bottled water if that is an issue. Green tea might also help with that. Still, we do not recommend coffee, black tea, fizzy drinks, soda, lemonade, etc.
- Bad appetite. That is temporary. You will feel hungry soon.
- Unexpected tiredness. One nap suffices to fight that.
- Nausea. There might be extra components that your digestive system rejects. Remember that CBD treats usually come in the form of candies. So, you might not be okay with sugar or some flavors.
- Anxiety boost instead of mitigation. That will not take more than a couple of hours. Still, that is a red flag a patient must never neglect. It might be because you have obtained a CBD product that conflicts with your body systems. Reconsider your choice after talking to your doctor.
- CBD can lead to liver damage, but that is extremely rare. The effects of CBD on the liver are usually mild and reversible.
In general, side effects are not worse than taking any other medication.
CBD for sleep is a new but promising approach. It is natural, it is efficient, and it is non-addictive. Besides, it comes without severe side effects. So, if you are considering taking CBD for sleep, go ahead! Yet, never neglect the significance of a professional’s piece of advice. First, ask your doctor about the decision.